UK/POLAND: Spinal cord found in imported Polish beef
Spinal cord has been found in two consignments of beef imported from Poland into the UK. Bovine spinal cord is most likely to contain BSE infectivity and is therefore classified as specified risk material (SRM). Beef from Poland entering the European Union (EU) must meet EU standards, including the removal of SRM immediately after slaughter, before they are exported.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- Wessanen's move for Spain's Biogran - analysis
- Burger King, Jollibee: foodservice focus, Nov 2016
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- General Mills jobs to go in business revamp
- Verlinvest, China Resources invest in Oatly
- B&G acquires pasta sauce group Victoria Fine Foods
- Japan's Nagatanien buys Chaucer Food Group
- Tyson sets up US$150m investment fund