UK/POLAND: Spinal cord found in imported Polish beef
Spinal cord has been found in two consignments of beef imported from Poland into the UK. Bovine spinal cord is most likely to contain BSE infectivity and is therefore classified as specified risk material (SRM). Beef from Poland entering the European Union (EU) must meet EU standards, including the removal of SRM immediately after slaughter, before they are exported.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Analysis: Chocolate sector's deforestation pledge
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Mondelez set for union crosshairs next week
- Mondelez plays down impact of union action
- Brazil seeks to cool concerns over meat probe
- US meal delivery service Blue Apron buys BN Ranch