SWEDEN: Spira meat group lays off 800 employees, sees brighter future
Sweden's Spira said it would lay off 800 staff in a restructuring move to turn the loss-making red meat and poultry meat group around. The move includes closing two of its meat processing plants in Västerås and Malmö. The cost-cutting programme aims to reduce the number of products and streamline production. Managing director Per Nyqvist said the move was necessary to safeguard the future of the group, which last year had a turnover of SKr4.2bn (US$391m).
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Interview: The Soulfull Project's mission
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Post Holdings 'close to acquiring Weetabix'
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- UK, EU food faces "more costly" trade, warns study
- Recipe-kit firm HelloFresh launches into UK retail
- UK sets 20% sugar cut guidelines for food industry