SWEDEN: Spira meat group lays off 800 employees, sees brighter future
Sweden's Spira said it would lay off 800 staff in a restructuring move to turn the loss-making red meat and poultry meat group around. The move includes closing two of its meat processing plants in Västerås and Malmö. The cost-cutting programme aims to reduce the number of products and streamline production. Managing director Per Nyqvist said the move was necessary to safeguard the future of the group, which last year had a turnover of SKr4.2bn (US$391m).
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Danone's Q1: four things to learn
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Nestle Q1 update: four things to learn
- Who will buy Danone's Stonyfield business?
- Interview: KP Snacks on growth strategy
- Tyson shops Sara Lee bakery, Kettle and Van's
- Nestle to cut UK confectionery jobs
- Tyson to buy burger-to-entree firm AdvancePierre
- PepsiCo affirms full-year target as Q1 hits mark
- TreeHouse Foods sells soup, baby food units