SWEDEN: Spira meat group lays off 800 employees, sees brighter future
Sweden's Spira said it would lay off 800 staff in a restructuring move to turn the loss-making red meat and poultry meat group around. The move includes closing two of its meat processing plants in Västerås and Malmö. The cost-cutting programme aims to reduce the number of products and streamline production. Managing director Per Nyqvist said the move was necessary to safeguard the future of the group, which last year had a turnover of SKr4.2bn (US$391m).
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- Wessanen's move for Spain's Biogran - analysis
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- How Tyson's new CEO plans to grow the meat group
- General Mills jobs to go in business revamp
- Japan's Nagatanien buys Chaucer Food Group
- B&G acquires pasta sauce group Victoria Fine Foods
- Verlinvest, China Resources invest in Oatly
- Tyson sets up US$150m investment fund