SWEDEN: Spira's half-year loss raises concern over capital
Continued losses in its red meat and pigmeat operations have raised concerns whether meat and poultry group Spira will need further capital injections to bridge the company over until its cost-cutting programme starts paying off. Developments in the coming months will be crucial. With an equity base of just SKr127m (US$11.96m), Spira cannot swallow another half-year loss as big as in the first half. Spira reported a SKr104m group loss after net financial items after six months to June, compared with a loss of SKr131m in the year-ago period.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Analysis: Chocolate sector's deforestation pledge
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Brazil seeks to cool concerns over meat probe
- Lactalis fails to hit threshold to delist Parmalat
- US meal delivery service Blue Apron buys BN Ranch
- UK food companies to miss sugar target