SWEDEN: Spira's half-year loss raises concern over capital
Continued losses in its red meat and pigmeat operations have raised concerns whether meat and poultry group Spira will need further capital injections to bridge the company over until its cost-cutting programme starts paying off. Developments in the coming months will be crucial. With an equity base of just SKr127m (US$11.96m), Spira cannot swallow another half-year loss as big as in the first half. Spira reported a SKr104m group loss after net financial items after six months to June, compared with a loss of SKr131m in the year-ago period.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- It won't just be Unilever to push for Brexit hikes
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- Interview: UK trade body on Brexit's policy impact
- Interview: UK trade body on the impact of Brexit
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- China "transition" drags on Danone Q3
- PepsiCo sets 2025 nutrition, sustainability goals
- UK announces "action plan" to drive food exports
- CP Foods invests in UK foodservice firm Foodfellas
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review