SWEDEN: Spira's half-year loss raises concern over capital
Continued losses in its red meat and pigmeat operations have raised concerns whether meat and poultry group Spira will need further capital injections to bridge the company over until its cost-cutting programme starts paying off. Developments in the coming months will be crucial. With an equity base of just SKr127m (US$11.96m), Spira cannot swallow another half-year loss as big as in the first half. Spira reported a SKr104m group loss after net financial items after six months to June, compared with a loss of SKr131m in the year-ago period.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- How General Mills plans to grow - CAGNY
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- CAGNY analysis: Danone's growth strategy
- Wessanen eyes growth in "resurgent" organic market
- Unilever launches operational review
- Glanbia focuses on nutrition with Irish dairy spin
- Kerry operating earnings strengthen on slow sales
- Kerry's Scanlon to replace McCarthy as CEO
- Mondelez launches savoury snacks brand Vea