SWEDEN: Spira's half-year loss raises concern over capital
Continued losses in its red meat and pigmeat operations have raised concerns whether meat and poultry group Spira will need further capital injections to bridge the company over until its cost-cutting programme starts paying off. Developments in the coming months will be crucial. With an equity base of just SKr127m (US$11.96m), Spira cannot swallow another half-year loss as big as in the first half. Spira reported a SKr104m group loss after net financial items after six months to June, compared with a loss of SKr131m in the year-ago period.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- 2017: three major drivers of M&A strategy
- Comment: Premier has more to ponder than Brexit
- The food market in 2017 - consumer trends and M&A
- Trump seen as negative for global food trade
- Analysis: B&G Foods balancing growth and decline
- Premier Foods issues profit warning
- Nestle mum on Mead Johnson takeover talk
- Mondelez sells Vegemite to Bega
- Kellogg to slash 250 jobs
- Lindt sees FY sales acceleration on Europe growth