UK: Spirits bolster Diageo as Burger King profits slump
UK-based drinks and food giant, Diageo, reported pre-tax profits of £1.228 billion (US$1.836bn) for the six months to the end of December, a marginal improvement on the £1.189bn last year, in line with analysts' forecasts. The first half results were hit by a 29% fall in earnings at the group's fast food business, Burger King, but the spirits division performed strongly, Diageo said.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Interview: Sir Kensington's on sale to Unilever
- Analysis: Post discusses rationale for Weetabix
- Who will buy Danone's Stonyfield business?
- Interview: "Disruptive" snack brand Hippeas
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Unilever buys US condiments maker Sir Kensington's
- Nestle organic growth slows but beats expectations
- Ice cream helps Unilever sales, food flat
- Suntory to offload Australia, New Zealand foods
- Dairy dampens Danone in Q1