UK: Spirits bolster Diageo as Burger King profits slump
UK-based drinks and food giant, Diageo, reported pre-tax profits of £1.228 billion (US$1.836bn) for the six months to the end of December, a marginal improvement on the £1.189bn last year, in line with analysts' forecasts. The first half results were hit by a 29% fall in earnings at the group's fast food business, Burger King, but the spirits division performed strongly, Diageo said.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- 2017: three major drivers of M&A strategy
- Comment: Premier has more to ponder than Brexit
- The food market in 2017 - consumer trends and M&A
- just-food 2017 Survey - your thoughts on growth
- Food market in 2017: need-to-know US trends
- Premier Foods issues profit warning
- Nestle mum on Mead Johnson takeover talk
- UK's Bakkavor plays down IPO "speculation"
- Mondelez sells Vegemite to Bega
- Kellogg to slash 250 jobs