US: Splash Corp inks Moondish acquisition deal
Splash Foods Corp has signed a share purchase agreement for the acquisition of 100% of Philippine-based Moondish
Philippine food manufacturer and personal care product firm Splash Corp has signed a deal to acquire Moondish Foods Corp.
In a filing to the Pilippine Stock Exchange, Splash said its subsidiary Splash Foods Corp has signed a share purchase agreement for the acquisition of 100% of Philippine-based Moondish.
Taguig City-based Moondish is a family-run firm that produces traditional food products for Filipinos in the domestic and international markets, its most popular brand being ready-to-eat canned Laing.
The deal, which would see the transfer of 746.2m shares, is valued at around PHP33m (US$793m).
- 2017: three major drivers of M&A strategy
- Comment: Premier has more to ponder than Brexit
- The food market in 2017 - consumer trends and M&A
- just-food 2017 Survey - your thoughts on growth
- Food market in 2017: need-to-know US trends
- Premier Foods issues profit warning
- Nestle mum on Mead Johnson takeover talk
- UK's Bakkavor plays down IPO "speculation"
- Mondelez sells Vegemite to Bega
- Kellogg to slash 250 jobs