US: SpongeBob SquarePants and Dora The Explorer to market fruit
Summeripe Worldwide and Nickelodeon have signed a multi-year licensing agreement that will see SpongeBob SquarePants and Dora the Explorer used to market branded peaches, plums and nectarines.
Nickelodeon's kids' entertainment brands have established a growing range of healthy food offerings in partnership with a variety of different food manufacturers. These include packaged baby carrots, Clementine's, apples, pears, cherries and spinach.
"Adding SpongeBob and Dora peaches, plums and nectarines to our successful assortment of Nickelodeon branded fruits and vegetables will make the produce aisle even more kid-friendly," said Sherice Torres, vice president, Nickelodeon & Viacom consumer products. "Nickelodeon is committed to encouraging kids to eat right and make healthy food choices."
Summeripe will produce loose and packaged peaches and nectarines as well as a complete variety of plums and pluots. The fruit will feature SpongeBob and Dora on their packaging to encourage kids to eat the fruits as part of a balanced diet.
Pat Steider, president of Summeripe said: "This partnership with Nickelodeon is a great step-forward for Summeripe. We as a company want to be an industry leader in creating exciting opportunities for parents and children to have healthy and delicious kid-sized fresh fruit products. Nickelodeon's importance in the minds and lives of children will accelerate our efforts of getting great tasting and nutritional fruit into children's daily diet."
- Nestle India grows with global, digital innovation
- Analysis: Tyson's shrewd investment in Beyond Meat
- How Nestle tackles Indian challenges - interview
- Thailand: convenience to continue to thrive
- Lamb Weston goes it alone: six things to learn
- Mars launches Maltesers in the US
- Bel takes majority stake in MOM Group
- Campbell backs US nutrition start-up Habit
- Mondelez focuses on margins as sales slip
- Nestle's Buitoni to remove GMOs
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Meat Processing in China - Industry Market Research Report