UK: Spotted Dick returns to hospital menus
Patients in Gloucestershire, UK-based hospitals will once again be able to order the traditional pudding of Spotted Dick. Three years ago, the Gloucestershire Hospitals NHS Trust introduced a name change in an attempt to be politically correct. Longterm favourite dessert Spotted Dick (a sponge pudding with dried fruits) was renamed 'Spotted Richard' when it was felt that patients might be embarrassed to order the pudding by its traditional name.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Analysis: Chocolate sector's deforestation pledge
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Post Holdings 'close to acquiring Weetabix'
- Mondelez set for union crosshairs next week
- Mondelez plays down impact of union action
- Recipe-kit firm HelloFresh launches into UK retail