THAILAND: Squeamish Thais opt for crocodile meat
Thailand's food retailers and restaurants are offering crocodile meat delicacies in the hope of tempting meat-eating customers concerned over health scares linked to BSE and poultry diseases. It is also being promoted favourably compared to chicken on a nutritional basis. Every 100g of crocodile meat has 1.9g of fat and 21g of protein compared with 10g of fat and 20g of protein in chicken.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Column: Kraft Heinz, Unilever and sustainability
- Unilever 'lining up spreads sale'
- UK own-label firm Park Cakes sold in MBO
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Immigration crackdown "risk" for US dairy industry
- BRF plant suspended amid bribery allegations