SRI LANKA: Sri Lanka bans GM food
Sri Lanka has said that it will impose a ban on all types of genetically modified food from May.
Food importers have said that they will not be able to comply with the ban however, because they are unable to meet the requirements for scientific testing.
A spokesperson for the Sri Lankan health service said that the ban would remain in place until worldwide concerns about GM foods were settled. Local consumer and environmental groups have welcomed the ban.
Faith in the health benefits of a 'Mediterranean' diet have made olive oil fashionable, but the health advantages of rapeseed oil are lost on most consumers. It's actually one of the healthiest of fat...
The Australian state of Victoria is investing in a programme to identify new opportunities for its food and agriculture industries. As part of this initiative the government conducted extensive resear...
Traces of genetically modified (GM) material have been found in canola from Victoria, the Australian Broadcasting Corporation reported....
Australian agriculture minister Warren Truss has called on state and territory governments to end their moratoria on the cultivation of GM crops if they are at all serious about making their jurisdict...
The Brazilian port of Paranagua stepped up its ban on exports of genetically modified soybeans in May, despite a Supreme Court ruling in April that the port must ship the GM beans, the Dow Jones news ...
The European Food Safety Authority has declared that genetically modified maize strain Bt11 maize, genetically modified to resist certain butterfly and moth pests, and containing a tolerance to the h...
Two-thirds of Russians are unwilling to eat food containing genetically modified ingredients, according to a poll conducted by the All-Russia Public Opinion Research Center (VTsIOM) and reported by th...
Developing countries are becoming increasingly innovative in biotechnology, claimed a UN Food and Agriculture Organisation (FAO) report, which says they are close to releasing important new geneticall...
- Premier Foods CEO expects UK supermarket rebound
- Unilever must "speed" response to consumer trends
- Briefing: The risks and rewards of e-tail in China
- Why US diet guidelines should consider environment
- Emerging markets online: India's food retail scene
- Post Holdings strikes deal to acquire MOM Brands
- Food industry news of week: Unilever, PepsiCo
- Tootsie Roll CEO Melvin Gordon dies at 95
- Chobani launches Tots infant range
- Monde Nissin "to acquire Menora"
- 10 Key Trends in Food, Health and Nutrition 2015
- The Sugar Backlash and its Effects on Global Consumer Markets
- The Future of Retailing in the UK to 2017
- Global Consumer Trend Framework: Understanding Attitudes and Behaviors that Influence Global Consumption Habits
- Meat Substitutes Market - Global Trends, Forecasts up to 2019