SRI LANKA: Sri Lanka bans GM food
Sri Lanka has said that it will impose a ban on all types of genetically modified food from May.
Food importers have said that they will not be able to comply with the ban however, because they are unable to meet the requirements for scientific testing.
A spokesperson for the Sri Lankan health service said that the ban would remain in place until worldwide concerns about GM foods were settled. Local consumer and environmental groups have welcomed the ban.
Faith in the health benefits of a 'Mediterranean' diet have made olive oil fashionable, but the health advantages of rapeseed oil are lost on most consumers. It's actually one of the healthiest of fat...
The Australian state of Victoria is investing in a programme to identify new opportunities for its food and agriculture industries. As part of this initiative the government conducted extensive resear...
Traces of genetically modified (GM) material have been found in canola from Victoria, the Australian Broadcasting Corporation reported....
Australian agriculture minister Warren Truss has called on state and territory governments to end their moratoria on the cultivation of GM crops if they are at all serious about making their jurisdict...
The Brazilian port of Paranagua stepped up its ban on exports of genetically modified soybeans in May, despite a Supreme Court ruling in April that the port must ship the GM beans, the Dow Jones news ...
The European Food Safety Authority has declared that genetically modified maize strain Bt11 maize, genetically modified to resist certain butterfly and moth pests, and containing a tolerance to the h...
Two-thirds of Russians are unwilling to eat food containing genetically modified ingredients, according to a poll conducted by the All-Russia Public Opinion Research Center (VTsIOM) and reported by th...
Developing countries are becoming increasingly innovative in biotechnology, claimed a UN Food and Agriculture Organisation (FAO) report, which says they are close to releasing important new geneticall...
- What US companies might Nomad Foods buy?
- Competition intensifies among UK burger chains
- Challenges for General Mills with The Good Table
- Why investors are concerned about water risk
- Greek crisis: The impact on shopper behaviour
- Mondelez CEO Rosenfeld defends moves on costs
- Just Mayo under fire from US FDA after complaint
- B&G Foods "front-runner for Green Giant"
- FrieslandCampina H1 earnings up despite flat sales
- Hearthside to buy nutrition bar maker VSI
- Management briefing: just-food’s industry outlook for 2015
- Food Flavourings & Colourings (UK) - Industry Report
- Nestle USA, Inc.: Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile & SWOT Analysis
- Bakery Market in Japan: Forecast, and Market Analysis 2015-2019
- Probiotic Ingredients Market by Function, Application, End Use, Ingredient, and by Region - Global Trends & Forecast to 2020