SRI LANKA: Sri Lanka to refresh aged coconut stock
Just as humans grow old and can become less productive at work (with many sharp exceptions), so does a workhorse of the Asian confectionary industry; the coconut tree. It lives almost as long, and, says the Coconut Cultivation Board of Sri Lanka, decides to retire at roughly the same age.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Danone's Q1: four things to learn
- Interview: Sir Kensington's on sale to Unilever
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Nestle Q1 update: four things to learn
- Interview: "Disruptive" snack brand Hippeas
- Tyson shops Sara Lee bakery, Kettle and Van's
- Nestle to cut UK confectionery jobs
- PepsiCo affirms full-year target as Q1 hits mark
- Icelandic to sell Saucy Fish Co. owner Seachill
- Tyson to buy burger-to-entree firm AdvancePierre