SRI LANKA: Sri Lankan coconut prices in freefall
Sri Lankan coconut producers are reeling from a freefall in price for their commodity, quoting prices of between Rs (SL) 3,000 to Rs. (SL) 3,500 per thousand nuts, down from Rs (SL) 11,000 in early 1999. As a result, producers are resorting to various cost cutting methods, including abandoning fertilizer, which has soared in price.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- 2017: three major drivers of M&A strategy
- Comment: Premier has more to ponder than Brexit
- The food market in 2017 - consumer trends and M&A
- Food market in 2017: need-to-know US trends
- just-food 2017 survey – profits and sales
- Premier Foods issues profit warning
- Nestle mum on Mead Johnson takeover talk
- Mondelez sells Vegemite to Bega
- Kellogg to slash 250 jobs
- Lindt sees FY sales acceleration on Europe growth