UK: Stable Micro Systems Promises a Surprise
At IBA 2000, Stable Micro Systems, the world-leading designer and manufacturer of texture analysis equipment for the food industry, is planning to launch a major new product designed to revolutionise product development and quality control. Further details are being kept under wraps until the show opens on 29 September.The current extensive range of test methods and accessories for the bakery industry will also be on show in Munich. Stable Micro Systems has developed comprehensive tools for the measurement of key properties such as dough stickiness, dough and gluten extensibility and biscuit hardness. These attachments are used with the TA.XT2i or the TA.HDi texture analysers, which are now found in major laboratories all over the world.Visitors will see live demonstrations of Stable Micro Systems' burst rig, recently launched to help manufacturers assess the firmness and tensile strength of tortillas. Processability and end-product quality can be significantly affected by these factors, but the simple penetration - extension test provides quick and reliable information which can be used to optimise both the recipe and processing conditions.Manufacturers looking for a simple test to assess the fracturability / break strength of cereal bars should look out for the three point bend rig. The cereal bar is positioned on two adjustable supports and the force and deformation required to snap it at its centre are measured - giving an indication of how easy it will be for consumers to bite into the product.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Nestle India grows with global, digital innovation
- How Nestle tackles Indian challenges - interview
- Lamb Weston goes it alone: six things to learn
- Analysis: Tyson's shrewd investment in Beyond Meat
- Thailand: convenience to continue to thrive
- Mars launches Maltesers in the US
- Bel takes majority stake in MOM Group
- Campbell backs US nutrition start-up Habit
- Mondelez focuses on margins as sales slip
- Nestle's Buitoni to remove GMOs
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Meat Processing in China - Industry Market Research Report