ASIA/USA: Starbucks boosts stakes in Shanghai, Taiwan ventures
US coffee retailer Starbucks has said it has increased its stake in its joint ventures in Shanghai and Taiwan from 5% to 50%. Although the total acquisition price was not disclosed, Starbucks Coffee International paid Taiwan-based Uni-President Group US$21.3m to raise its stake in their Shanghai joint venture.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Danone's Q1: four things to learn
- Who will buy Danone's Stonyfield business?
- Nestle Q1 update: four things to learn
- Interview: Sir Kensington's on sale to Unilever
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Tyson shops Sara Lee bakery, Kettle and Van's
- Nestle to cut UK confectionery jobs
- PepsiCo affirms full-year target as Q1 hits mark
- Tyson to buy burger-to-entree firm AdvancePierre
- Icelandic to sell Saucy Fish Co. owner Seachill