USA: Starbucks expands stock repurchase plan
The board of directors of Seattle-based coffeehouse giant Starbucks Corporation has authorised the repurchase of up to 10 million shares of the company's common stock. Since it first instituted a share repurchase plan in September 2001, Starbucks has repurchased a total of 3.5 million shares of its common stock at a cost of US$51.6m under prior authorisation of up to US$60m. Under the expanded plan, shares will be repurchased in the open market at times and amounts considered appropriate by the company based on factors including price and market conditions.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Column: Kraft Heinz, Unilever and sustainability
- Unilever 'lining up spreads sale'
- UK own-label firm Park Cakes sold in MBO
- Immigration crackdown "risk" for US dairy industry
- BRF plant suspended amid bribery allegations
- Fonterra cuts earnings forecast