USA: Starbucks expands stock repurchase plan
The board of directors of Seattle-based coffeehouse giant Starbucks Corporation has authorised the repurchase of up to 10 million shares of the company's common stock. Since it first instituted a share repurchase plan in September 2001, Starbucks has repurchased a total of 3.5 million shares of its common stock at a cost of US$51.6m under prior authorisation of up to US$60m. Under the expanded plan, shares will be repurchased in the open market at times and amounts considered appropriate by the company based on factors including price and market conditions.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Danone's Q1: four things to learn
- Nestle Q1 update: four things to learn
- Who will buy Danone's Stonyfield business?
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Interview: KP Snacks on growth strategy
- Tyson shops Sara Lee bakery, Kettle and Van's
- Nestle to cut UK confectionery jobs
- PepsiCo affirms full-year target as Q1 hits mark
- Tyson to buy burger-to-entree firm AdvancePierre
- TreeHouse Foods sells soup, baby food units