USA: Starbucks expands stock repurchase plan
The board of directors of Seattle-based coffeehouse giant Starbucks Corporation has authorised the repurchase of up to 10 million shares of the company's common stock. Since it first instituted a share repurchase plan in September 2001, Starbucks has repurchased a total of 3.5 million shares of its common stock at a cost of US$51.6m under prior authorisation of up to US$60m. Under the expanded plan, shares will be repurchased in the open market at times and amounts considered appropriate by the company based on factors including price and market conditions.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- CAGNY analysis: Danone's growth strategy
- How General Mills plans to grow - CAGNY
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Interview: A2 Milk Co. chair firm's rapid rise
- Unilever 'giving serious thought to split'
- Nestle launches global sugar target
- Bonduelle to buy US produce group Ready Pac Foods
- Mead Johnson acquires Bega Cheese capacity
- Kraft Heinz "substantially undervalued" Unilever