CANADA: Starbucks launches in-store debit card in time for Christmas
Seattle-based coffee shop giant Starbucks Coffee Co. is set to launch a new gift idea in time for the holiday season; in-store debit cards. The cards, which work like gift vouchers, are being touted as ideal gifts for caffeine addicts this Christmas. They can be used as an alternative to cash to pay for Starbucks' specialty coffee products, and come in amounts between C$5 and C$500, which can be topped up at any Starbucks' outlet. A magnetic strip keeps track of the declining balance.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Interview: Sir Kensington's on sale to Unilever
- Analysis: Post discusses rationale for Weetabix
- Who will buy Danone's Stonyfield business?
- Interview: "Disruptive" snack brand Hippeas
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Unilever buys US condiments maker Sir Kensington's
- Ice cream helps Unilever sales, food flat
- Nestle organic growth slows but beats expectations
- Dairy dampens Danone in Q1
- Icelandic to sell Saucy Fish Co. owner Seachill