CANADA: Starbucks launches in-store debit card in time for Christmas
Seattle-based coffee shop giant Starbucks Coffee Co. is set to launch a new gift idea in time for the holiday season; in-store debit cards. The cards, which work like gift vouchers, are being touted as ideal gifts for caffeine addicts this Christmas. They can be used as an alternative to cash to pay for Starbucks' specialty coffee products, and come in amounts between C$5 and C$500, which can be topped up at any Starbucks' outlet. A magnetic strip keeps track of the declining balance.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- 2017: three major drivers of M&A strategy
- The food market in 2017 - consumer trends and M&A
- just-food 2017 Survey - your thoughts on growth
- Food market in 2017: need-to-know US trends
- 2017 - what will shape the UK food sector?
- Premier Foods issues profit warning
- UK's Bakkavor plays down IPO "speculation"
- Kellogg to slash 250 jobs
- Lindt sees FY sales acceleration on Europe growth
- Mondelez sells Vegemite to Bega