CANADA: Starbucks launches in-store debit card in time for Christmas
Seattle-based coffee shop giant Starbucks Coffee Co. is set to launch a new gift idea in time for the holiday season; in-store debit cards. The cards, which work like gift vouchers, are being touted as ideal gifts for caffeine addicts this Christmas. They can be used as an alternative to cash to pay for Starbucks' specialty coffee products, and come in amounts between C$5 and C$500, which can be topped up at any Starbucks' outlet. A magnetic strip keeps track of the declining balance.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Analysis: Chocolate sector's deforestation pledge
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Mondelez set for union crosshairs next week
- Mondelez plays down impact of union action
- Brazil seeks to cool concerns over meat probe
- US meal delivery service Blue Apron buys BN Ranch