USA: Starbucks plans for expansion into Latin America
Starbucks Coffee International, a wholly owned subsidiary of coffeeshop giant Starbucks Coffee Co, is rapidly proceeding with its strategic plans for the Latin American market. "Starbucks is actively exploring opportunities in Argentina, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Mexico, Peru, Puerto Rico, and Venezuela," said Julio Gutierrez, president of Latin America, Starbucks Coffee International. "Latin America is a very special market for Starbucks. We have a long history with the people in this region as it is home to many of the countries where we buy our coffee."
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Does Kraft Heinz want to swallow Unilever whole?
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Focus: Nestle CEO plan to balance sales, earnings
- Wessanen eyes growth in "resurgent" organic market
- Unilever launches operational review
- Kraft Heinz pulls Unilever bid
- Kerry operating earnings strengthen on slow sales
- General Mills issues profit warning
- Glanbia focuses on nutrition with Irish dairy spin