USA: Starbucks - the friendly face of globalization - COMMENT (Members)
Starbucks has announced that it will pay more for ethically and ecologically sound coffee. Starbucks is taking steps to improve its reputation as an ethical trader on the global coffee market. This is important for Starbucks as it has positioned itself as an experiential and lifestyle choice for the young urban consumer. Although this is a valuable PR exercise, it will also serve to protect Starbucks' supply of luxury coffee.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- 2017: three major drivers of M&A strategy
- Comment: Premier has more to ponder than Brexit
- The food market in 2017 - consumer trends and M&A
- just-food 2017 Survey - your thoughts on growth
- Food market in 2017: need-to-know US trends
- Premier Foods issues profit warning
- Nestle mum on Mead Johnson takeover talk
- UK's Bakkavor plays down IPO "speculation"
- Mondelez sells Vegemite to Bega
- Kellogg to slash 250 jobs