USA: Starbucks - the friendly face of globalization - COMMENT (Members)
Starbucks has announced that it will pay more for ethically and ecologically sound coffee. Starbucks is taking steps to improve its reputation as an ethical trader on the global coffee market. This is important for Starbucks as it has positioned itself as an experiential and lifestyle choice for the young urban consumer. Although this is a valuable PR exercise, it will also serve to protect Starbucks' supply of luxury coffee.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Danone's Q1: four things to learn
- Who will buy Danone's Stonyfield business?
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Opinion: Big Food needs to think radically
- Nestle Q1 update: four things to learn
- Nestle to cut UK confectionery jobs
- PepsiCo affirms full-year target as Q1 hits mark
- Glanbia signs deal on Dairy Ireland stake sale
- Dole Food Co. files to go public again
- 2 Sisters' chief Boparan invests in UK's Crawshaw