USA: Starbucks - the friendly face of globalization - COMMENT (Members)
Starbucks has announced that it will pay more for ethically and ecologically sound coffee. Starbucks is taking steps to improve its reputation as an ethical trader on the global coffee market. This is important for Starbucks as it has positioned itself as an experiential and lifestyle choice for the young urban consumer. Although this is a valuable PR exercise, it will also serve to protect Starbucks' supply of luxury coffee.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- How General Mills plans to grow - CAGNY
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- CAGNY analysis: Danone's growth strategy
- Wessanen eyes growth in "resurgent" organic market
- Unilever launches operational review
- Glanbia focuses on nutrition with Irish dairy spin
- Bonduelle to buy US produce group Ready Pac Foods
- Mondelez launches savoury snacks brand Vea
- Maple Leaf buys US plant-based group Lightlife