USA: Starbucks to be selective in overseas expansion
US coffee retailer Starbucks sees much opportunity for expansion in North America but will become increasingly selective in its expansion abroad, according to chief executive Orin Smith. "We have the brand in most of the most important markets" overseas, Smith was quoted as saying by Dow Jones News Service. "We will add to markets more selectively than we have in the past," he added, referring to international expansion plans.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Column: Kraft Heinz, Unilever and sustainability
- Unilever 'lining up spreads sale'
- UK own-label firm Park Cakes sold in MBO
- Immigration crackdown "risk" for US dairy industry
- BRF plant suspended amid bribery allegations
- Fonterra cuts earnings forecast