USA: Starbucks to be selective in overseas expansion
US coffee retailer Starbucks sees much opportunity for expansion in North America but will become increasingly selective in its expansion abroad, according to chief executive Orin Smith. "We have the brand in most of the most important markets" overseas, Smith was quoted as saying by Dow Jones News Service. "We will add to markets more selectively than we have in the past," he added, referring to international expansion plans.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Does Kraft Heinz want to swallow Unilever whole?
- Focus: Nestle CEO plan to balance sales, earnings
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Wessanen eyes growth in "resurgent" organic market
- Kraft Heinz pulls Unilever bid
- General Mills issues profit warning
- Kerry operating earnings strengthen on slow sales
- Kerry Group staff in Ireland suspend strike action
- Glanbia focuses on nutrition with Irish dairy spin