USA: Starbucks to be selective in overseas expansion
US coffee retailer Starbucks sees much opportunity for expansion in North America but will become increasingly selective in its expansion abroad, according to chief executive Orin Smith. "We have the brand in most of the most important markets" overseas, Smith was quoted as saying by Dow Jones News Service. "We will add to markets more selectively than we have in the past," he added, referring to international expansion plans.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- 2017: three major drivers of M&A strategy
- The food market in 2017 - consumer trends and M&A
- just-food 2017 Survey - your thoughts on growth
- Food market in 2017: need-to-know US trends
- 2017 - what will shape the UK food sector?
- Premier Foods issues profit warning
- UK's Bakkavor plays down IPO "speculation"
- Kellogg to slash 250 jobs
- Lindt sees FY sales acceleration on Europe growth
- Mondelez sells Vegemite to Bega