PUERTO RICO/USA: Starbucks will enter Puerto Rico by close of summer 2002
Starbucks Coffee International (SCI), a wholly-owned subsidiary of US coffeehouse behemoth Starbucks Coffee Company, has signed a joint venture agreement with Puerto Rico Coffee Partners to open a local chain of Starbucks stores. The new company, to be called Cafe del Caribe, will manage the day-to-day operations of Starbucks in Puerto Rico, and the first store is scheduled to open in San Juan by the end of the summer.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Comment: Premier has more to ponder than Brexit
- 2017: three major drivers of M&A strategy
- The food market in 2017 - consumer trends and M&A
- Trump seen as negative for global food trade
- Analysis: B&G Foods balancing growth and decline
- Premier Foods issues profit warning
- Nestle mum on Mead Johnson takeover talk
- Mondelez sells Vegemite to Bega
- Kellogg to slash 250 jobs
- Emmi to buy dessert maker Italian Fresh Foods