PUERTO RICO/USA: Starbucks will enter Puerto Rico by close of summer 2002
Starbucks Coffee International (SCI), a wholly-owned subsidiary of US coffeehouse behemoth Starbucks Coffee Company, has signed a joint venture agreement with Puerto Rico Coffee Partners to open a local chain of Starbucks stores. The new company, to be called Cafe del Caribe, will manage the day-to-day operations of Starbucks in Puerto Rico, and the first store is scheduled to open in San Juan by the end of the summer.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- How General Mills plans to grow - CAGNY
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- CAGNY analysis: Danone's growth strategy
- Wessanen eyes growth in "resurgent" organic market
- Unilever launches operational review
- Glanbia focuses on nutrition with Irish dairy spin
- Bonduelle to buy US produce group Ready Pac Foods
- Mondelez launches savoury snacks brand Vea
- Maple Leaf buys US plant-based group Lightlife