NETHERLANDS: Starch producer Avebe to pull out of 60 countries
Dutch potato starch producer Avebe is to pull out its branches from 60 countries round the world because of disappointing profits, the company revealed yesterday [Wednesday]. Without giving any specific details, Avebe admitted that its investments abroad had been substantial. Once the withdrawal is completed, the company will continue to operate in 20 countries outside Europe, including areas such as Asia and the Pacific region.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Does Kraft Heinz want to swallow Unilever whole?
- Focus: Nestle CEO plan to balance sales, earnings
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Will Kellogg's DSD exit help it grow in US snacks?
- Why Reckitt Benckiser moved for Mead Johnson
- Kraft Heinz pursuing Unilever in takeover move
- Kraft Heinz pulls Unilever bid
- General Mills issues profit warning
- Nestle plans restructuring as 2016 profit misses
- Kerry Group staff in Ireland suspend strike action