NETHERLANDS: Starch producer Avebe to pull out of 60 countries
Dutch potato starch producer Avebe is to pull out its branches from 60 countries round the world because of disappointing profits, the company revealed yesterday [Wednesday]. Without giving any specific details, Avebe admitted that its investments abroad had been substantial. Once the withdrawal is completed, the company will continue to operate in 20 countries outside Europe, including areas such as Asia and the Pacific region.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- Mondelez goes beyond certified cocoa - analysis
- ABF on Brexit, M&A and grocery - interview
- Nestle unveils process to cut sugar by 40%
- Unilever focuses on "value" of spreads arm
- Japan's Nagatanien buys Chaucer Food Group
- Unilever sets new margin target with help from ZBB
- B&G acquires pasta sauce group Victoria Fine Foods