StarKist CEO Lee to retire from seafood group
Internal promotion sees StarKist supply chain boss take the helm
US seafood group StarKist Co. has said president and CEO Sam Hwi Lee is to retire.
Lee will be replaced by Andrew Choe, senior vice president of supply chain at Starkist.
Choe has held the position at the company, owned by South Korea's Dongwon Industries, for the past four years. Prior to joining StarKist he held leadership positions at Dongwon Enterprise and Phillip Morris International.
"I have all confidence Mr. Choe's proven leadership will take the StarKist organisation to the next level of performance," StarKist chairman Ingu Park said.
Lee served as StarKist CEO since 2012 and he will continue to sit on the StarKist board, the company said.
As part of the leadership shuffle, COO Namjung Kim was also promoted to vice chairman. Kim will continue to lead strategy development.
Sam Hwi Lee, President & CEO of StarKist Co., Announces His Retirement
Current Senior Vice President Of Supply Chain, Andrew Choe, Named President & CEO Following Mr. Lee's Departure
PITTSBURGH, Sept. 30, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- StarKist Co., a subsidiary of Dongwon Industries, today confirmed that Sam Hwi Lee, President and Chief Executive Officer of StarKist, will retire on October 31. Lee, a StarKist Board of Directors' member since 2008, was named President & CEO on November 1, 2012. He will continue to serve as a member of the StarKist Board of Directors.
"I want to personally thank Mr. Lee for all of his leadership and contributions over the past two years at StarKist," said Ingu Park, Chairman of Board of Directors for StarKist. "We appreciate Mr. Lee's commitment to StarKist's success and wish him the very best in future endeavors."
As of November 1, Mr. Andrew Choe, Senior Vice President, Supply Chain at StarKist, will be President & CEO at StarKist Co. With passion and dedication, Mr. Choe has improved performance and contributed to StarKist's ongoing success for the past four years. Prior to StarKist, Choe held leadership positions at Dongwon Enterprise and Phillip Morris International. Mr. Choe will continue to be based at StarKist Co. headquarters in Pittsburgh, Pa.
"I have all confidence Mr. Choe's proven leadership will take the StarKist organization to the next level of performance," said Mr. Park.
Mr. Namjung Kim, COO, has been promoted to Vice Chairman of StarKist Co. and will continue to lead strategy development for the StarKist organization.
About StarKist Co.
StarKist Co. is a leading producer, distributor and marketer of shelf-stable seafood products in the United States. A category leader in innovation, StarKist® was the first brand to introduce the StarKist Flavor Fresh Pouch®; StarKist Tuna Creations®, a line of lightly seasoned tuna; and, a dolphin-safe policy. As America's favorite tuna, StarKist represents a tradition of quality, innovation and consumer trust and is well known for its charismatic brand icon, Charlie the Tuna®, who swam into the hearts of tuna fans in 1961 and is still a fan favorite today. StarKist Co. is a subsidiary of the Dongwon Group.
Original source: StarKist Co.
- Analysis: Tyson's shrewd investment in Beyond Meat
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Thailand: convenience to continue to thrive
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- Interview: Some Foods on rise of low-FODMAP market
- Bel takes majority stake in MOM Group
- Mars launches Maltesers in the US
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- Unilever in continuing price spat with Musgrave
- China milk powder arrests prompt Fonterra "review"
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review