USA: StarKist making waves with new tuna in a pouch; firmer, fresher, no-drain tuna a hit with consumers
More Americans are buying tuna than ever before. Now, tuna will be reeled in even faster as StarKist Tuna in a Pouch's arrives on grocers' shelves. The revolutionary new vacuum-sealed, flavor-fresh pouch delivers tuna that is firmer and fresher tasting. And because it contains almost no liquid, the easy-open pouch requires no draining."StarKist Tuna in a Pouch is the biggest wave of innovation in tuna since StarKist pioneered canned tuna in the 1920s," said Don Binotto, managing director of StarKist Seafood, a unit of H.J. Heinz Company's StarKist Foods, Inc. "Consumers told us they wanted to purchase tuna in an easy-to-open package that requires no draining. Our new pouch responds to their requests and even offers a firmer, fresher product." StarKist, the No. 1 brand of tuna, sold nearly one billion cans in the U.S. last year.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Nestle India grows with global, digital innovation
- Analysis: Tyson's shrewd investment in Beyond Meat
- Thailand: convenience to continue to thrive
- Focus: Thai demographics drive health categories
- The promise of fledgling Czech gluten-free market
- Mars launches Maltesers in the US
- Bel takes majority stake in MOM Group
- Campbell backs US nutrition start-up Habit
- Nestle's Buitoni to remove GMOs
- Unilever in continuing price spat with Musgrave
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Meat Processing in China - Industry Market Research Report