USA: StarKist making waves with new tuna in a pouch; firmer, fresher, no-drain tuna a hit with consumers
More Americans are buying tuna than ever before. Now, tuna will be reeled in even faster as StarKist Tuna in a Pouch's arrives on grocers' shelves. The revolutionary new vacuum-sealed, flavor-fresh pouch delivers tuna that is firmer and fresher tasting. And because it contains almost no liquid, the easy-open pouch requires no draining."StarKist Tuna in a Pouch is the biggest wave of innovation in tuna since StarKist pioneered canned tuna in the 1920s," said Don Binotto, managing director of StarKist Seafood, a unit of H.J. Heinz Company's StarKist Foods, Inc. "Consumers told us they wanted to purchase tuna in an easy-to-open package that requires no draining. Our new pouch responds to their requests and even offers a firmer, fresher product." StarKist, the No. 1 brand of tuna, sold nearly one billion cans in the U.S. last year.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- How General Mills plans to grow - CAGNY
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- CAGNY analysis: Danone's growth strategy
- Wessanen eyes growth in "resurgent" organic market
- Unilever launches operational review
- Glanbia focuses on nutrition with Irish dairy spin
- Kerry's Scanlon to replace McCarthy as CEO
- Mondelez launches savoury snacks brand Vea
- Bonduelle to buy US produce group Ready Pac Foods