USA: StarLink causes more problems for mills and retailers
Fears surrounding the GM corn StarLink have led to the cessation of operations at a Kansas mill, following the possibility that its production facilities have been contaminated. The mill is owned by ConAgra Foods , one of the largest packaged-foods companies in the US, and it has revealed that shipments of corn flour will not resume until the facility has been completely cleared out and its inventory is tested. Company spokeswoman, Karen Savinski, commented: "We're doing this as a precautionary measure." She declined, however, to explain why officials thought the mill may be at risk, and which products may be contaminated.The Kansas mill is the second in the US to be disrupted by the presence of StarLink, which has been designed to produce its own insecticide and has not been approved for human consumption. Its French pharmaceutical producer
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Analysis: Tyson's shrewd investment in Beyond Meat
- Interview: UK trade body on Brexit's policy impact
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- It won't just be Unilever to push for Brexit hikes
- Bel takes majority stake in MOM Group
- Mars launches Maltesers in the US
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- Metropoulos invests in Utz Quality Foods
- China milk powder arrests prompt Fonterra "review"
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review