USA: Statement by Sizzler USA
The operator of a Sizzler® franchise restaurant in Milwaukee, Wisconsin is working closely with health department officials to determine how several area food poisoning cases may have originated at that restaurant. The problem appears to be limited to this particular restaurant.All Sizzler® restaurants adhere closely to the Food and Drug Administration's Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Point guidelines (HACCP) in food preparation. Sizzler® restaurants follow HACCP procedures to assure that guests enjoy the highest possible food safety and cleanliness standards at all times.Sizzler USA Chief Executive Officer Thomas E. Metzger, FMP is contacting the families of those involved directly to express concern and to offer whatever resources may be helpful. Metzger and a team of Sizzler USA representatives are flying to Milwaukee to provide assistance.Sizzler USA is confident that the owner of its franchise restaurant is taking all necessary steps, including cooperating with health department officials and closing the restaurant, to facilitate a rapid investigation. Sizzler USA and all of its franchise stores, have long enjoyed a strong record in the restaurant industry for safety and cleanliness.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- How Tyson's new CEO plans to grow the meat group
- Mondelez goes beyond certified cocoa - analysis
- Nestle unveils process to cut sugar by 40%
- Unilever sets new margin target with help from ZBB
- Unilever focuses on "value" of spreads arm
- Amnesty - Global brands profit from labour abuses
- McCormick to buy flavours business Enrico Giotti