USA: Statement by Sizzler USA
Sizzler USA learned today that the City of Milwaukee Health Department has cited "raw beef product" provided by an outside source as having tested positive for the E.Coli strain present in the recent Milwaukee outbreak. Sizzler USA is taking steps to uncover the source and determine how and when the ground beef arrived at the Milwaukee franchise restaurant. It is Sizzler USA policy in all of its 65 corporate-owned restaurants to cook ground beef entrees to the 160 degrees recommended by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration. Cooking ground beef to this temperature effectively eliminates any possibility of bacterial contamination.Sizzler USA strongly recommends that its independent franchise restaurants -- a list which includes the Milwaukee restaurant -- follow this precautionary ground beef cooking policy. There are 200 independent Sizzler® franchises across the country.Sizzler USA is based in Culver City, California and operates 65 company- owned restaurants and is associated with 200 Sizzler® franchises nationwide.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- It won't just be Unilever to push for Brexit hikes
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Interview: UK trade body on Brexit's policy impact
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- Interview: UK trade body on the impact of Brexit
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- PepsiCo sets 2025 nutrition, sustainability goals
- China "transition" drags on Danone Q3
- UK announces "action plan" to drive food exports
- CP Foods invests in UK foodservice firm Foodfellas
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review