USA: Statement by the National Chicken Council on U.S. district court ruling upholding HIMP
We are pleased with the U.S. District Court ruling that the USDA's HACCP-Based Inspection Models Program (HIMP), as modified, meets the requirements of the federal law governing meat and poultry inspection. The existing inspection program has changed little since it was instituted more than 40 years ago. Poultry companies use modern methods to ensure the production of safe and wholesome products, and a modernized inspection system is also needed.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- CAGNY analysis: Danone's growth strategy
- How General Mills plans to grow - CAGNY
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Interview: A2 Milk Co. chair firm's rapid rise
- Unilever launches operational review
- Nestle launches global sugar target
- Bonduelle to buy US produce group Ready Pac Foods
- Unilever 'giving serious thought to split'
- ABF sees further grocery revival