UK: Statement by Unilever on the ASA ruling on Flora pro.activ and Benecol
ASA have looked at both Flora pro.activ and Benecol's claims in certain consumer materials. Unilever Bestfoods welcomes the independent review by ASA yesterday, which confirms that when eaten with a healthy diet, Flora pro.activ can effectively reduce LDL-cholesterol by an average of 10-15%. The ruling concluded that a 10% LDL reduction would be achieved by those already on a low-fat diet, but for those moving to a healthy diet and using Flora pro.activ, a 15% reduction would be seen.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Analysis: Tyson's shrewd investment in Beyond Meat
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- Interview: Some Foods on rise of low-FODMAP market
- Thailand: convenience to continue to thrive
- Bel takes majority stake in MOM Group
- Mars launches Maltesers in the US
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- Unilever in continuing price spat with Musgrave
- China milk powder arrests prompt Fonterra "review"
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review