UK: Statement by Unilever on the ASA ruling on Flora pro.activ and Benecol
ASA have looked at both Flora pro.activ and Benecol's claims in certain consumer materials. Unilever Bestfoods welcomes the independent review by ASA yesterday, which confirms that when eaten with a healthy diet, Flora pro.activ can effectively reduce LDL-cholesterol by an average of 10-15%. The ruling concluded that a 10% LDL reduction would be achieved by those already on a low-fat diet, but for those moving to a healthy diet and using Flora pro.activ, a 15% reduction would be seen.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Analysis: Chocolate sector's deforestation pledge
- UK own-label firm Park Cakes sold in MBO
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Immigration crackdown "risk" for US dairy industry
- Fonterra cuts earnings forecast
- Unilever invests in Dutch meat substitute project