UK: Statement by Unilever on the ASA ruling on Flora pro.activ and Benecol
ASA have looked at both Flora pro.activ and Benecol's claims in certain consumer materials. Unilever Bestfoods welcomes the independent review by ASA yesterday, which confirms that when eaten with a healthy diet, Flora pro.activ can effectively reduce LDL-cholesterol by an average of 10-15%. The ruling concluded that a 10% LDL reduction would be achieved by those already on a low-fat diet, but for those moving to a healthy diet and using Flora pro.activ, a 15% reduction would be seen.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Who will buy Danone's Stonyfield business?
- Analysis: Post discusses rationale for Weetabix
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Interview: Sir Kensington's on sale to Unilever
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Update - Post Holdings confirms Weetabix deal
- Unilever buys US condiments maker Sir Kensington's
- Ice cream helps Unilever sales, food flat
- Post: Weetabix "opens up M&A opportunities"
- Nestle organic growth slows but beats expectations