UK: Statement by Unilever on the ASA ruling on Flora pro.activ and Benecol
ASA have looked at both Flora pro.activ and Benecol's claims in certain consumer materials. Unilever Bestfoods welcomes the independent review by ASA yesterday, which confirms that when eaten with a healthy diet, Flora pro.activ can effectively reduce LDL-cholesterol by an average of 10-15%. The ruling concluded that a 10% LDL reduction would be achieved by those already on a low-fat diet, but for those moving to a healthy diet and using Flora pro.activ, a 15% reduction would be seen.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- 2017: three major drivers of M&A strategy
- Comment: Premier has more to ponder than Brexit
- The food market in 2017 - consumer trends and M&A
- Trump seen as negative for global food trade
- Analysis: B&G Foods balancing growth and decline
- Premier Foods issues profit warning
- Nestle mum on Mead Johnson takeover talk
- Mondelez sells Vegemite to Bega
- Kellogg to slash 250 jobs
- Lindt sees FY sales acceleration on Europe growth