USA: Statement of the American Meat Institute on The Safety of the U.S. Lamb and Beef Supply
The following is a statement by J. Patrick Boyle, President of the American Meat Institute: U.S. lamb and beef are among the safest in the world. U.S. state-of-the- art veterinary programs consistently have protected our cattle and sheep herds from a host of foreign animal disease including bovine spongiform encephalopathy (BSE) and play a major role in ensuring beef and lamb safety. Today, our herds remain free of BSE, despite some erroneous and speculative media reports suggesting otherwise.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- CAGNY analysis: Danone's growth strategy
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Interview: A2 Milk Co. chair firm's rapid rise
- How General Mills plans to grow - CAGNY
- Unilever 'giving serious thought to split'
- Nestle launches global sugar target
- Mead Johnson acquires Bega Cheese capacity
- Buffett: no back-up deal for Kraft Heinz
- Kraft Heinz "substantially undervalued" Unilever