USA: Statement of the American Meat Institute on The Safety of the U.S. Lamb and Beef Supply
The following is a statement by J. Patrick Boyle, President of the American Meat Institute: U.S. lamb and beef are among the safest in the world. U.S. state-of-the- art veterinary programs consistently have protected our cattle and sheep herds from a host of foreign animal disease including bovine spongiform encephalopathy (BSE) and play a major role in ensuring beef and lamb safety. Today, our herds remain free of BSE, despite some erroneous and speculative media reports suggesting otherwise.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Interview: The Soulfull Project's mission
- Post Holdings 'close to acquiring Weetabix'
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Recipe-kit firm HelloFresh launches into UK retail
- Mondelez set for union crosshairs next week
- Mondelez plays down impact of union action