USA: Statement of Tyson Foods regarding $20.09 million judgment in legal action against ConAgra
The following was released today by Tyson Foods, Inc. (NYSE: TSN):We're very pleased that Judge Lineberger ruled that our competitor, ConAgra did indeed violate the Arkansas Trade Secrets Act in taking and incorporating our confidential feed nutrient profile.According to John Tyson, the company's chairman, CEO and president, "Protection of intellectual property is of vital importance in today's business world, especially in a highly competitive industry such as ours. This opinion supports the claims we have made since the beginning of this litigation: That our feed nutrient profile is indeed a trade secret, that it was improperly taken from us and inappropriately used to gain a competitive advantage against us. We had no choice but to protect the property and interests of our team members and shareholders."We're also gratified that the jury, who spent six long days listening to the many details of this complicated case, determined that a financial award was warranted by the facts. For us, the most critical element of the case, and the reason we carried it to trial, is its determination that our intellectual property is a valuable asset, worthy of protection. We appreciate the time invested by the jury members in the fulfillment of their civic duty.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Interview: UK trade body on Brexit's policy impact
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- Interview: UK trade body on the impact of Brexit
- It won't just be Unilever to push for Brexit hikes
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- UK announces "action plan" to drive food exports
- Kraft Heinz: Innovation more important than ever
- Online snack seller Graze makes US retail debut
- Abbott sees international nutrition sales fall
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review