USA: Stater Bros. Holdings announces record sales
Yesterday, Jack H. Brown, Chairman, President and Chief Executive Officer of Stater Bros. Holdings Inc. announced record sales for the fifty-two week fiscal year ended September 24, 2000. The Company set a sales record for the fifty-two week 2000 fiscal year. Sales for fiscal 2000 were $2.418 billion, an increase of 32.1% when compared to sales of $1.830 billion for the fifty-two week 1999 fiscal year. Sales for the fourth quarter ended September 24, 2000 (fiscal 2000) continued to be strong at $606.0 million, an increase of 19.8% when compared to $505.8 for the thirteen week fourth quarter ended on September 26, 1999 (fiscal 1999). In fiscal 2000, like store sales increase 1.9% over fiscal 1999, before erosion in sales of approximately .5% to the supermarkets acquired from Albertson's during August of 1999. For the fourth quarter of 2000, like stores sales increased 2.1% over fourth quarter 1999 before erosion in sales of approximately .6% to the acquired stores. Sales for fiscal 1999 includes the sales for the acquired supermarkets for the approximate 6 week period from the date of each store's acquisition until September 26, 1999. The 43 acquired stores were open for all of fiscal 2000 and their sales are included in fiscal 2000 sales.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Nestle India grows with global, digital innovation
- Analysis: Tyson's shrewd investment in Beyond Meat
- Thailand: convenience to continue to thrive
- How Nestle tackles Indian challenges - interview
- Lamb Weston goes it alone: six things to learn
- Mars launches Maltesers in the US
- Bel takes majority stake in MOM Group
- Campbell backs US nutrition start-up Habit
- Mondelez focuses on margins as sales slip
- Nestle's Buitoni to remove GMOs
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Meat Processing in China - Industry Market Research Report