USA: Stater Bros. Holdings announces record sales
Yesterday, Jack H. Brown, Chairman, President and Chief Executive Officer of Stater Bros. Holdings Inc. announced record sales for the fifty-two week fiscal year ended September 24, 2000. The Company set a sales record for the fifty-two week 2000 fiscal year. Sales for fiscal 2000 were $2.418 billion, an increase of 32.1% when compared to sales of $1.830 billion for the fifty-two week 1999 fiscal year. Sales for the fourth quarter ended September 24, 2000 (fiscal 2000) continued to be strong at $606.0 million, an increase of 19.8% when compared to $505.8 for the thirteen week fourth quarter ended on September 26, 1999 (fiscal 1999). In fiscal 2000, like store sales increase 1.9% over fiscal 1999, before erosion in sales of approximately .5% to the supermarkets acquired from Albertson's during August of 1999. For the fourth quarter of 2000, like stores sales increased 2.1% over fourth quarter 1999 before erosion in sales of approximately .6% to the acquired stores. Sales for fiscal 1999 includes the sales for the acquired supermarkets for the approximate 6 week period from the date of each store's acquisition until September 26, 1999. The 43 acquired stores were open for all of fiscal 2000 and their sales are included in fiscal 2000 sales.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Wessanen's move for Spain's Biogran - analysis
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- Burger King, Jollibee: foodservice focus, Nov 2016
- Whole Foods, Aldi, M&S - retail round-up, Nov 2016
- General Mills jobs to go in business revamp
- Verlinvest, China Resources invest in Oatly
- Hain Celestial appoints Nestle executive as US COO
- Chobani COO Burns to leave yogurt firm
- Tyson sets up US$150m investment fund
- How Brands Are Making Our Food Healthier
- Confectionery North America (NAFTA) Industry Guide_2016
- Processed Snacks (Savory Snacks) Market in the United States - Outlook to 2020: Market Size, Growth and Forecast Analytics
- Global Dried Processed Food Market 2016-2020
- Frozen Food Production in the US - Industry Market Research Report