USA: Stater Bros names new group senior VPs of marketing and retail
Californian supermarket chain Stater Bros. Markets has appointed Dennis McIntyre to group senior VP, marketing, and Jim Lee to group senior VP, retail. Both are newly created positions.
Reporting directly to McIntyre are the company's Grocery, Meat, Produce, Bakery, and Service Deli Divisions in addition to the Marketing and Merchandising Departments. He reports to Don Baker, executive VP and COO.
McIntyre has worked at Stater Bros for 24 years, rising through the ranks from courtesy clerk to assistant manager to buyer/merchandiser to VP, marketing, and most recently senior VP, marketing.
Chairman, president and CEO Jack H. Brown stated: "Dennis has made many valuable contributions to our company and has proven to be a very effective and competent member of our senior management team as well as a leader of our marketing team."
Meanwhile, Lee is responsible for overseeing the overall operations of the company's 156 supermarkets, reporting again to Baker. He is a 33-year veteran of the supermarket industry, starting as a courtesy clerk at Ralphs Grocery Co and advancing in store level management, becoming a corporate officer, and eventually being named group VP at Ralphs.
"We are extremely fortunate to have Jim join the Stater Bros. "family" of employees. His background in store operations will be valuable to the future growth of the company," stated Brown.
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Column: Kraft Heinz, Unilever and sustainability
- Unilever 'lining up spreads sale'
- UK own-label firm Park Cakes sold in MBO
- Immigration crackdown "risk" for US dairy industry
- BRF plant suspended amid bribery allegations
- Fonterra cuts earnings forecast