USA: Stilton Cheese Rises Over Fancy Food Show
The STILTON US Information Bureau and the STILTON Cheese Makers' Association unveiled plans for a major consumer campaign for the year 2000. Through special events at the Summer Fancy Food Show (New York, July 9 -11, 2000), the trade will have the opportunity to learn more and make plans for the Autumn sales events. The consumer campaign is to run October 6 to 13, 2000 in selected sections of New York City, New Jersey, and Connecticut and will fly under the banner of "Stilton Over Manhattan". Joanne Lenweaver of the STILTON US Information Bureau states, "The campaign name is inspired by the occurrence of the Fall Harvest; a wonderful time to enjoy Stilton in recipes with fresh vegetables, fruits and the new wines. Also, a full harvest moon is scheduled to rise over Manhattan (and everywhere else) during the campaign week."To celebrate this special occasion, one of the Stilton diaries, Long Clawson of Melton Mowbray, will be making six, special commemorative-sized Stiltons weighing almost 70 pounds (in contrast, a full Stilton is typically 17 lbs in weight.) These huge Stiltons will be available for viewing in the Tri-state area at select retailers to be determined. Special Recipe Handouts and Point of Purchase posters displaying the "Stilton Over Manhattan" look will be designed and distributed to all participating retailers. A special section of the Stilton web site (
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Analysis: Tyson's shrewd investment in Beyond Meat
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Thailand: convenience to continue to thrive
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- Interview: Some Foods on rise of low-FODMAP market
- Bel takes majority stake in MOM Group
- Mars launches Maltesers in the US
- Unilever in continuing price spat with Musgrave
- China milk powder arrests prompt Fonterra "review"
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review