UK: Stolt Sea Farm acquires Ferme Marine de l'Adour
Stolt Sea Farm Holdings plc (SSF), a wholly owned subsidiary of Stolt-Nielsen S.A. (Nasdaq: SNSA; Oslo Stock Exchange: SNI) yesterday announced it has purchased from the Aqualande Group the 50% of Ferme Marine de l'Adour which it does not already own. SSF is the world's leading producer of farmed turbot and is expected to produce some 2,500 metric tons in 2001, more than 5 times the production of its nearest competitor. The Ferme Marine de l'Adour operations, located in Anglet, close to Biarritz in southwestern France, currently produce about 200 metric tons and have capacity for a total of 300 metric tons.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Analysis: Chocolate sector's deforestation pledge
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Mondelez set for union crosshairs next week
- Recipe-kit firm HelloFresh launches into UK retail
- Mondelez plays down impact of union action
- Germany's Haribo plans first US candy plant