FRANCE: Stonyfield Farm & Groupe DANONE Announce Partnership
Stonyfield Farm, the largest organic yogurt producer in the U.S. and Groupe DANONE (NYSE: DA), the France-based consumer products company known worldwide for its bottled water, fresh yogurt products and biscuits, announced today that Groupe DANONE has agreed to acquire an initial 40% holding in Stonyfield Farm. The full terms of the transaction were not disclosed. Under the agreement, Groupe DANONE will have an opportunity to acquire a majority holding in the company in 2004. However, control of Stonyfield's management will remain with Gary Hirshberg, Stonyfield's current chairman, president and chief executive officer.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Comment: Premier has more to ponder than Brexit
- 2017: three major drivers of M&A strategy
- The food market in 2017 - consumer trends and M&A
- Trump seen as negative for global food trade
- Analysis: B&G Foods balancing growth and decline
- Premier Foods issues profit warning
- Nestle mum on Mead Johnson takeover talk
- Mondelez sells Vegemite to Bega
- Kellogg to slash 250 jobs
- Emmi to buy dessert maker Italian Fresh Foods