FRANCE: Stonyfield Farm & Groupe DANONE Announce Partnership
Stonyfield Farm, the largest organic yogurt producer in the U.S. and Groupe DANONE (NYSE: DA), the France-based consumer products company known worldwide for its bottled water, fresh yogurt products and biscuits, announced today that Groupe DANONE has agreed to acquire an initial 40% holding in Stonyfield Farm. The full terms of the transaction were not disclosed. Under the agreement, Groupe DANONE will have an opportunity to acquire a majority holding in the company in 2004. However, control of Stonyfield's management will remain with Gary Hirshberg, Stonyfield's current chairman, president and chief executive officer.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Nestle India grows with global, digital innovation
- Analysis: Tyson's shrewd investment in Beyond Meat
- Thailand: convenience to continue to thrive
- Focus: Thai demographics drive health categories
- The promise of fledgling Czech gluten-free market
- Mars launches Maltesers in the US
- Bel takes majority stake in MOM Group
- Campbell backs US nutrition start-up Habit
- Nestle's Buitoni to remove GMOs
- Unilever in continuing price spat with Musgrave
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Meat Processing in China - Industry Market Research Report