FRANCE: Stonyfield Farm & Groupe DANONE Announce Partnership
Stonyfield Farm, the largest organic yogurt producer in the U.S. and Groupe DANONE (NYSE: DA), the France-based consumer products company known worldwide for its bottled water, fresh yogurt products and biscuits, announced today that Groupe DANONE has agreed to acquire an initial 40% holding in Stonyfield Farm. The full terms of the transaction were not disclosed. Under the agreement, Groupe DANONE will have an opportunity to acquire a majority holding in the company in 2004. However, control of Stonyfield's management will remain with Gary Hirshberg, Stonyfield's current chairman, president and chief executive officer.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Danone's Q1: four things to learn
- Who will buy Danone's Stonyfield business?
- Nestle Q1 update: four things to learn
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Interview: KP Snacks on growth strategy
- Tyson shops Sara Lee bakery, Kettle and Van's
- Nestle to cut UK confectionery jobs
- PepsiCo affirms full-year target as Q1 hits mark
- Tyson to buy burger-to-entree firm AdvancePierre
- TreeHouse Foods sells soup, baby food units