FRANCE: Stonyfield Farm & Groupe DANONE Announce Partnership
Stonyfield Farm, the largest organic yogurt producer in the U.S. and Groupe DANONE (NYSE: DA), the France-based consumer products company known worldwide for its bottled water, fresh yogurt products and biscuits, announced today that Groupe DANONE has agreed to acquire an initial 40% holding in Stonyfield Farm. The full terms of the transaction were not disclosed. Under the agreement, Groupe DANONE will have an opportunity to acquire a majority holding in the company in 2004. However, control of Stonyfield's management will remain with Gary Hirshberg, Stonyfield's current chairman, president and chief executive officer.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Column: Kraft Heinz, Unilever and sustainability
- Unilever 'lining up spreads sale'
- UK own-label firm Park Cakes sold in MBO
- Immigration crackdown "risk" for US dairy industry
- BRF plant suspended amid bribery allegations
- Fonterra cuts earnings forecast