USA: Stop & Shop Issues Allergy Alert on Undeclared Eggs in Stop & Shop Brand Plain Pound Creme Cakes
The Stop & Shop Supermarket Company is recalling Stop & Shop brand plain pound creme cake, 15 oz., from its in-store bake shop, because the product contains eggs which were not declared on the label. People who have an allergy or severe sensitivity to eggs run the risk of serious or life-threatening allergic reaction if they consume these products.The Stop & Shop brand plain pound creme cakes were sold at in-store bake shops at Stop & Shop stores throughout Massachusetts, Connecticut, New York and Rhode Island.There have been no illnesses associated with the recall. The recall was initiated after it was discovered that the product containing eggs was distributed in packaging that did not reveal the presence of the eggs.Stop & Shop customers with allergies to eggs who purchased the product may return it to any Stop & Shop store for a full refund. Customers with questions may contact the Company at 1-800-767-7772.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- How General Mills plans to grow - CAGNY
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- CAGNY analysis: Danone's growth strategy
- Wessanen eyes growth in "resurgent" organic market
- Unilever launches operational review
- Glanbia focuses on nutrition with Irish dairy spin
- Kerry operating earnings strengthen on slow sales
- Kerry's Scanlon to replace McCarthy as CEO
- Mondelez launches savoury snacks brand Vea