AUSTRALIA/NETHERLANDS: Strategic alliance for Food-way and Spar
Victorian-based supermarket company Food-Way has signed a strategic alliance with Dutch convenience chain giant Spar. The deal will see Food-Way incorporate a number of Spar stores, which will be integrated into the Food-Way network and renamed. Food-Way has said it plans to boost its store network to over 200 outlets, generating A$500m in annual sales, by the end of 2003. The deal with Spar will boost Food-Way's network to about 152 stores.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- 2017: three major drivers of M&A strategy
- Comment: Premier has more to ponder than Brexit
- The food market in 2017 - consumer trends and M&A
- just-food 2017 Survey - your thoughts on growth
- Food market in 2017: need-to-know US trends
- Premier Foods issues profit warning
- Nestle mum on Mead Johnson takeover talk
- UK's Bakkavor plays down IPO "speculation"
- Kellogg to slash 250 jobs
- Mondelez sells Vegemite to Bega