ISRAEL: Strauss Food enters prepared salads market
The Strauss Food company in Israel, one of the country's leading dairy, ice cream, confectionery and chocolate products, is entering the chilled, ready-to-eat salads niche, a market valued in Israel at NIS800m (US$170.2m) per year. Strauss executives said the company is investing US$2m in the new enterprise, after purchasing 51% of an established local company that processes chilled ready-to-eat salads and a wide range of chilled vegetables packed in bags for home cooking.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- 2017: three major drivers of M&A strategy
- The food market in 2017 - consumer trends and M&A
- just-food 2017 Survey - your thoughts on growth
- Food market in 2017: need-to-know US trends
- 2017 - what will shape the UK food sector?
- Premier Foods issues profit warning
- UK's Bakkavor plays down IPO "speculation"
- Kellogg to slash 250 jobs
- Ferrero insists Nutella not pulled from shelves
- Lindt sees FY sales acceleration on Europe growth