ISRAEL: Strauss Food enters prepared salads market
The Strauss Food company in Israel, one of the country's leading dairy, ice cream, confectionery and chocolate products, is entering the chilled, ready-to-eat salads niche, a market valued in Israel at NIS800m (US$170.2m) per year. Strauss executives said the company is investing US$2m in the new enterprise, after purchasing 51% of an established local company that processes chilled ready-to-eat salads and a wide range of chilled vegetables packed in bags for home cooking.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Analysis: Chocolate sector's deforestation pledge
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Immigration crackdown "risk" for US dairy industry
- Fonterra cuts earnings forecast
- Unilever invests in Dutch meat substitute project
- General Mills books lower 9M sales and profits