USA: Streamline.com to cease grocery shop operations after lack of investment
Massachusetts-based Streamline.com revealed today that "the interests of its employees, customers and creditors would be best served by the company's prompt and orderly cessation of operations," making it the latest in a long line of Internet grocery delivery stores to admit defeat.The pioneering business model of Streamline.com was developed in 1993 with high hopes of investors, who laid out US$10 per share when the operation went 'live' on 18 June last year. By the beginning of 2000 however, accumulated losses reached US$56.4m. In April stock value had fallen to just below US$1, and advisors were appointed in May to review the company's financial options. The company hit major problems when the funding for consumer e-commerce companies simply dried up. The sale of its Chicago and Washington operations to
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Analysis: Tyson's shrewd investment in Beyond Meat
- Thailand: convenience to continue to thrive
- Nestle India grows with global, digital innovation
- Focus: Thai demographics drive health categories
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- Bel takes majority stake in MOM Group
- Mars launches Maltesers in the US
- Unilever in continuing price spat with Musgrave
- China milk powder arrests prompt Fonterra "review"
- Nestle's Buitoni to remove GMOs
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review