USA: Street vendor turf war in Dallas between licensed traders and immigrants
The Dallas Police Department has set up a series of sting operations to catch out Mexican immigrants selling frozen fruit treats from pushcarts. The immigrants, palesteros, are buying up the popular products, paletas, in bulk from distributors who own the carts and obtain the licences. They then sell the items at about a 50% mark-up.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Interview: The Soulfull Project's mission
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Post Holdings 'close to acquiring Weetabix'
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- UK, EU food faces "more costly" trade, warns study
- Recipe-kit firm HelloFresh launches into UK retail
- UK sets 20% sugar cut guidelines for food industry