FRANCE: Strong Q2 boosts H1 sales at Bonduelle
Bonduelle LFL sales recovered in Q2
French food group Bonduelle has booked higher half-year sales on the back of a "dynamic" second quarter.
Bonduelle, which saw like-for-like sales fall in its first quarter on lower revenue in Europe, reported a 2.2% increase in underlying sales to EUR979.3m (US$1.33bn) for the first half of its financial year. Like-for-like sales in the second quarter, which ran until 31 December, were up 5%.
In Europe, second-quarter like-for-like sales increased 1.2%. Half-year sales in the region, where Bonduelle makes two-thirds of its turnover, were down 0.2% but the company said marketing and innovation had boosted sales.
Outside Europe, half-year sales increased 8% on a like-for-like basis amid growth in Russia and South America.
Looking at Bonduelle's divisions, the company saw the strongest growth from its canned business, with sales up 3.5%.
- Rabobank's early view on Brexit impact on food
- Kellogg uses Kashi to finally join party - comment
- New food waste standard will help monitor progress
- Tyrrells' growth plans - CEO interview, part two
- How could a TTIP affect the food industry?
- Brexit – Live reaction from food industry
- Kellogg to invest in "next-generation innovation"
- Post, ConAgra 'held talks' over Lamb Weston merger
- PepsiCo "engaging" with Indofood on child labour
- R&R Ice Cream names Daniel Martinez new CFO
- Top Trends in Snacks, Confectionery, and Desserts; Exploring consumer and innovation trends in key categories
- Frozen Bakery Products Market by Type, Distribution Channel, & by Region - Global Trends & Forecast to 2020
- Singapore Food and Drink Report Q3 2016
- Fast Food in India
- Country Analysis Report: Saudi Arabia, In-depth PESTLE Insights