FRANCE: Strong Q2 boosts H1 sales at Bonduelle
Bonduelle LFL sales recovered in Q2
French food group Bonduelle has booked higher half-year sales on the back of a "dynamic" second quarter.
Bonduelle, which saw like-for-like sales fall in its first quarter on lower revenue in Europe, reported a 2.2% increase in underlying sales to EUR979.3m (US$1.33bn) for the first half of its financial year. Like-for-like sales in the second quarter, which ran until 31 December, were up 5%.
In Europe, second-quarter like-for-like sales increased 1.2%. Half-year sales in the region, where Bonduelle makes two-thirds of its turnover, were down 0.2% but the company said marketing and innovation had boosted sales.
Outside Europe, half-year sales increased 8% on a like-for-like basis amid growth in Russia and South America.
Looking at Bonduelle's divisions, the company saw the strongest growth from its canned business, with sales up 3.5%.
- Analysis: Is Heinz, Kraft merger "a growth story"?
- Focus: Can Mars gain share in Indian chocolate?
- The challenges awaiting ConAgra's new CEO
- Why Heinz-Kraft merger could herald more deals
- The challenge of digital marketing and ROI
- Fatal explosion at French desserts firm Senagral
- Infographic: Heinz, Kraft unveil combined business
- UPDATE: Heinz, Kraft strike merger agreement
- ConAgra confirms another private-label charge
- Mondelez coy on Philadelphia sale rumours