FRANCE: Strong Q2 boosts H1 sales at Bonduelle
Bonduelle LFL sales recovered in Q2
French food group Bonduelle has booked higher half-year sales on the back of a "dynamic" second quarter.
Bonduelle, which saw like-for-like sales fall in its first quarter on lower revenue in Europe, reported a 2.2% increase in underlying sales to EUR979.3m (US$1.33bn) for the first half of its financial year. Like-for-like sales in the second quarter, which ran until 31 December, were up 5%.
In Europe, second-quarter like-for-like sales increased 1.2%. Half-year sales in the region, where Bonduelle makes two-thirds of its turnover, were down 0.2% but the company said marketing and innovation had boosted sales.
Outside Europe, half-year sales increased 8% on a like-for-like basis amid growth in Russia and South America.
Looking at Bonduelle's divisions, the company saw the strongest growth from its canned business, with sales up 3.5%.
- Focus: ConAgra own-label exit plan is about growth
- How the CGF plans to halve global food waste
- IRI – The opportunity of range optimisation
- Focus: Will synergies lift Ahold Delhaize in US?
- Focus: Mexican dairies focus on adding value
- ConAgra confirms private-label exit
- Kraft Heinz unveils management structure
- Kellogg eyes trends with product launches
- CMA "accepts" Muller's revised Dairy Crest offer
- Kraft faces lawsuit over 'natural' claims