FRANCE: Strong Q2 boosts H1 sales at Bonduelle
Bonduelle LFL sales recovered in Q2
French food group Bonduelle has booked higher half-year sales on the back of a "dynamic" second quarter.
Bonduelle, which saw like-for-like sales fall in its first quarter on lower revenue in Europe, reported a 2.2% increase in underlying sales to EUR979.3m (US$1.33bn) for the first half of its financial year. Like-for-like sales in the second quarter, which ran until 31 December, were up 5%.
In Europe, second-quarter like-for-like sales increased 1.2%. Half-year sales in the region, where Bonduelle makes two-thirds of its turnover, were down 0.2% but the company said marketing and innovation had boosted sales.
Outside Europe, half-year sales increased 8% on a like-for-like basis amid growth in Russia and South America.
Looking at Bonduelle's divisions, the company saw the strongest growth from its canned business, with sales up 3.5%.
- Focus: Why ABF is making bread better-for-you
- Why China was central to Nestle executive change
- just the answer: Gardein founder Yves Potvin
- Comment: How dairy can leverage nutrition
- Analysis: Quality, innovation driving Chinese milk
- Kellogg CEO: sales trends are improving
- Oreo, gum propels Mondelez in China
- Finsbury buys Johnstone's Just Desserts
- General Mills cuts Yoplait sugar by 25%
- Dean Foods brings milk brands under single label
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets
- Global Seasonings, Dressings & Sauces Market: Merger and Acquisitions February 2015
- Food and beverage packaging today – what’s next?
- Consumer and Market Insights: Confectionery Market in the UK
- North America Food & Beverage Stabilizers and Systems Market – Analysis and Forecast upto 2019