FRANCE: Strong Q2 boosts H1 sales at Bonduelle
Bonduelle LFL sales recovered in Q2
French food group Bonduelle has booked higher half-year sales on the back of a "dynamic" second quarter.
Bonduelle, which saw like-for-like sales fall in its first quarter on lower revenue in Europe, reported a 2.2% increase in underlying sales to EUR979.3m (US$1.33bn) for the first half of its financial year. Like-for-like sales in the second quarter, which ran until 31 December, were up 5%.
In Europe, second-quarter like-for-like sales increased 1.2%. Half-year sales in the region, where Bonduelle makes two-thirds of its turnover, were down 0.2% but the company said marketing and innovation had boosted sales.
Outside Europe, half-year sales increased 8% on a like-for-like basis amid growth in Russia and South America.
Looking at Bonduelle's divisions, the company saw the strongest growth from its canned business, with sales up 3.5%.
- Challenges for General Mills with The Good Table
- What US companies might Nomad Foods buy?
- Greek crisis - The impact on shopper behaviour
- Why investors are concerned about water risk
- Competition intensifies among UK burger chains
- Mitsubishi buys stake in Olam International
- B&G Foods "front-runner for Green Giant"
- FrieslandCampina H1 earnings up despite flat sales
- Arla strikes JVs in Nigeria and Senegal
- Mengniu sales dip but work on costs boosts profits
- Management briefing: just-food’s industry outlook for 2015
- Food Flavourings & Colourings (UK) - Industry Report
- Biscuit Manufacturers (UK) - Industry Report
- Bakery Market in Japan: Forecast, and Market Analysis 2015-2019
- Probiotic Ingredients Market by Function, Application, End Use, Ingredient, and by Region - Global Trends & Forecast to 2020