FRANCE: Strong Q2 boosts H1 sales at Bonduelle
Bonduelle LFL sales recovered in Q2
French food group Bonduelle has booked higher half-year sales on the back of a "dynamic" second quarter.
Bonduelle, which saw like-for-like sales fall in its first quarter on lower revenue in Europe, reported a 2.2% increase in underlying sales to EUR979.3m (US$1.33bn) for the first half of its financial year. Like-for-like sales in the second quarter, which ran until 31 December, were up 5%.
In Europe, second-quarter like-for-like sales increased 1.2%. Half-year sales in the region, where Bonduelle makes two-thirds of its turnover, were down 0.2% but the company said marketing and innovation had boosted sales.
Outside Europe, half-year sales increased 8% on a like-for-like basis amid growth in Russia and South America.
Looking at Bonduelle's divisions, the company saw the strongest growth from its canned business, with sales up 3.5%.
- M&A Watch - Could Cloetta be takeover target?
- Why Arla upbeat about LatAm prospects
- Comment: Can Applegate retain trust under Hormel?
- How the Applegate acquisition will benefit Hormel
- Sweets & Snacks Expo: just-food's pick
- Yildiz eyeing further deals - reports
- PAI, Pamplona "eyeing Bakkavor stake"
- Heinz, Boulder face off in Smart Balance TM spat
- FrieslandCampina ends Bongrain German tie-up
- Wal-Mart acts on animal welfare, antibiotics
- Successful New Product Development Strategies in the Food, Drinks and Personal Care Market
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets
- The Future of the Ice Cream Market in the United Kingdom to 2019
- Consumer Foodservice in Indonesia
- Marks & Spencer (Asia Pacific) Ltd in Retailing (Hong Kong, China)