FRANCE: Strong Q2 boosts H1 sales at Bonduelle
Bonduelle LFL sales recovered in Q2
French food group Bonduelle has booked higher half-year sales on the back of a "dynamic" second quarter.
Bonduelle, which saw like-for-like sales fall in its first quarter on lower revenue in Europe, reported a 2.2% increase in underlying sales to EUR979.3m (US$1.33bn) for the first half of its financial year. Like-for-like sales in the second quarter, which ran until 31 December, were up 5%.
In Europe, second-quarter like-for-like sales increased 1.2%. Half-year sales in the region, where Bonduelle makes two-thirds of its turnover, were down 0.2% but the company said marketing and innovation had boosted sales.
Outside Europe, half-year sales increased 8% on a like-for-like basis amid growth in Russia and South America.
Looking at Bonduelle's divisions, the company saw the strongest growth from its canned business, with sales up 3.5%.
- Who could swoop for Diamond Foods?
- Trans fat studies show complexity of health debate
- Indonesia - Sweet and sour of confectionery sector
- Why Quorn Foods auction promises to be competitive
- Indonesia: the key macro issues facing FMCG firms
- Quorn Foods agrees sale to Monde Nissin
- Danone, Kerry, Pulmuone also eyeing Quorn
- Mondelez 'preparing to sell European cheese unit'
- ConAgra Foods "efficiency" drive to hit 1,500 jobs
- Mars to buy Mexican chocolate maker Grupo Turin
- Management briefing: just-food’s industry outlook for 2015
- Danone SA : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Analysis
- The Coca-Cola Company : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Analysis
- E-Grocery Market in India - Market Research 2015-2019
- Global Bakery & Cereals Market: News and Events July 2015