UK: Strong Q2 clothing and food sales accelerate M&S recovery
The recent revival of UK high street giant Marks & Spencer showed no sign of ending on Tuesday as the retailer revealed surging second quarter sales that smashed all expectations. The country's largest clothing chain announced a 10% jump in like-for-like sales in the quarter to 28 September compared to the year-ago period on the back of soaring fashion sales.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- Mondelez goes beyond certified cocoa - analysis
- How Tyson's new CEO plans to grow the meat group
- Nestle unveils process to cut sugar by 40%
- Unilever focuses on "value" of spreads arm
- Unilever sets new margin target with help from ZBB
- Japan's Nagatanien buys Chaucer Food Group
- B&G acquires pasta sauce group Victoria Fine Foods