UK: Strong Q2 clothing and food sales accelerate M&S recovery
The recent revival of UK high street giant Marks & Spencer showed no sign of ending on Tuesday as the retailer revealed surging second quarter sales that smashed all expectations. The country's largest clothing chain announced a 10% jump in like-for-like sales in the quarter to 28 September compared to the year-ago period on the back of soaring fashion sales.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Analysis: Chocolate sector's deforestation pledge
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Mondelez set for union crosshairs next week
- Recipe-kit firm HelloFresh launches into UK retail
- Mondelez plays down impact of union action
- Germany's Haribo plans first US candy plant