UK: Strong Q2 clothing and food sales accelerate M&S recovery
The recent revival of UK high street giant Marks & Spencer showed no sign of ending on Tuesday as the retailer revealed surging second quarter sales that smashed all expectations. The country's largest clothing chain announced a 10% jump in like-for-like sales in the quarter to 28 September compared to the year-ago period on the back of soaring fashion sales.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- 2017 - what will shape the UK food sector?
- just-food 2017 Survey - your thoughts on growth
- Food market in 2017: big foodservice trends
- Could BRF's Turkey move pave way for OneFoods IPO?
- Food market in 2017: need-to-know US trends
- Ferrero insists Nutella not pulled from shelves
- UK's Bakkavor plays down IPO "speculation"
- PepsiCo launches Walkers Mediterranean in UK
- Mondelez plans "selective" UK price hikes
- Kellogg names Fareed Khan as incoming CFO