UK: Strong Q2 clothing and food sales accelerate M&S recovery
The recent revival of UK high street giant Marks & Spencer showed no sign of ending on Tuesday as the retailer revealed surging second quarter sales that smashed all expectations. The country's largest clothing chain announced a 10% jump in like-for-like sales in the quarter to 28 September compared to the year-ago period on the back of soaring fashion sales.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- CAGNY analysis: Danone's growth strategy
- How General Mills plans to grow - CAGNY
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Interview: A2 Milk Co. chair firm's rapid rise
- Unilever launches operational review
- Unilever 'giving serious thought to split'
- Nestle launches global sugar target
- Bonduelle to buy US produce group Ready Pac Foods
- ABF sees further grocery revival