USA: Strong Q2 for American Italian Pasta Co
Kansas City, Missouri-based American Italian Pasta Company (AIPC), the largest and fastest growing producer and marketer of dry pasta in the US, has announced record results for its fiscal Q2 2002, ended 29 March 2002. Q2 revenues increased 26% to US$94.8m, led by strong retail revenue growth of 33%. Gross margin expanded to 35.6%, up from 31.2% a year ago, primarily as a result of increased operating efficiencies and the higher margins associated with the recent brand acquisitions. Marketing and selling expenses increased by 83%, due in large part to the higher marketing support associated with selling branded products. Operating profit increased 28% to US$17.7m from US$13.8m year on year.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- Quorn CEO sets out stall for 2017 - interview
- How Tyson's new CEO plans to grow the meat group
- Mondelez goes beyond certified cocoa - analysis
- Nestle unveils process to cut sugar by 40%
- Putin 'wants embargo to run as long as possible'
- Unilever sets new margin target with help from ZBB
- Unilever focuses on "value" of spreads arm
- McCormick to buy flavours business Enrico Giotti