USA: Strong Q2 for American Italian Pasta Co
Kansas City, Missouri-based American Italian Pasta Company (AIPC), the largest and fastest growing producer and marketer of dry pasta in the US, has announced record results for its fiscal Q2 2002, ended 29 March 2002. Q2 revenues increased 26% to US$94.8m, led by strong retail revenue growth of 33%. Gross margin expanded to 35.6%, up from 31.2% a year ago, primarily as a result of increased operating efficiencies and the higher margins associated with the recent brand acquisitions. Marketing and selling expenses increased by 83%, due in large part to the higher marketing support associated with selling branded products. Operating profit increased 28% to US$17.7m from US$13.8m year on year.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Danone's Q1: four things to learn
- Who will buy Danone's Stonyfield business?
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Nestle Q1 update: four things to learn
- Interview: Sir Kensington's on sale to Unilever
- Tyson shops Sara Lee bakery, Kettle and Van's
- Nestle to cut UK confectionery jobs
- Tyson to buy burger-to-entree firm AdvancePierre
- PepsiCo affirms full-year target as Q1 hits mark
- Icelandic to sell Saucy Fish Co. owner Seachill