CHILE: Strong salmon sales
Chile's leading salmon exporter, Salmones Multiexport , reported a 30.4% increase in export earnings from January through August of this year, relative to the same period in 1999. Strong early in the year contributed to sales totalling US$662.9m during the first eight months. However, Multiexport management projects that sales will drop off late in the year due to poorer than expected performance in the Japanese market.In addition, prices were lowered modestly in the US in an effort to increase the level of consumption there. As a result, management expects to fall short of its stated goal of US$1bn in earnings for 2000. Multiexport's earning are expected to be in the range of US$900m.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Interview: UK trade body on Brexit's policy impact
- Analysis: Tyson's shrewd investment in Beyond Meat
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- It won't just be Unilever to push for Brexit hikes
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- Bel takes majority stake in MOM Group
- Mars launches Maltesers in the US
- Abbott sees international nutrition sales fall
- Metropoulos invests in Utz Quality Foods
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review