CHILE: Strong salmon sales
Chile's leading salmon exporter, Salmones Multiexport , reported a 30.4% increase in export earnings from January through August of this year, relative to the same period in 1999. Strong early in the year contributed to sales totalling US$662.9m during the first eight months. However, Multiexport management projects that sales will drop off late in the year due to poorer than expected performance in the Japanese market.In addition, prices were lowered modestly in the US in an effort to increase the level of consumption there. As a result, management expects to fall short of its stated goal of US$1bn in earnings for 2000. Multiexport's earning are expected to be in the range of US$900m.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- Mondelez goes beyond certified cocoa - analysis
- What Premier CEO Gavin Darby thinks about Brexit
- How Tyson's new CEO plans to grow the meat group
- Nestle unveils process to cut sugar by 40%
- Putin 'wants embargo to run as long as possible'
- Unilever sets new margin target with help from ZBB
- Unilever focuses on "value" of spreads arm
- McCormick to buy flavours business Enrico Giotti