USA: Study on salt consumption sparks debate over US health guidelines
Alarm bells have been sounded that the US government recommended-daily allowance of salt is too high. The scientists who completed the study have now provoked widespread debate concerning salt and the average American diet. Consumption levels of salt are an important issue in the US, where some 50 million people suffer from high blood pressure, a condition that scientists have agreed for many years can be alleviated with careful cuts in the amount of salt in diets.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- Quorn CEO sets out stall for 2017 - interview
- How Tyson's new CEO plans to grow the meat group
- Mondelez goes beyond certified cocoa - analysis
- Nestle unveils process to cut sugar by 40%
- Putin 'wants embargo to run as long as possible'
- Unilever sets new margin target with help from ZBB
- Unilever focuses on "value" of spreads arm
- McCormick to buy flavours business Enrico Giotti