EUROPE/USA: PepsiCo: successful snacking (COMMENT)
PepsiCo has announced a US$750m deal to buy General Mills' stake in their savoury snacks joint venture, Snack Ventures Europe (SVE). The move comes as soft drink sales continue to slow. By focusing on growing its snacks business, PepsiCo can to some extent sidestep the soda slump that other soft drinks companies are experiencing and look to capitalise on a growth area.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Does Kraft Heinz want to swallow Unilever whole?
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Focus: Nestle CEO plan to balance sales, earnings
- How General Mills plans to grow - CAGNY
- Unilever launches operational review
- Kraft Heinz pulls Unilever bid
- Kerry operating earnings strengthen on slow sales
- Glanbia focuses on nutrition with Irish dairy spin
- General Mills issues profit warning