EUROPE/USA: PepsiCo: successful snacking (COMMENT)
PepsiCo has announced a US$750m deal to buy General Mills' stake in their savoury snacks joint venture, Snack Ventures Europe (SVE). The move comes as soft drink sales continue to slow. By focusing on growing its snacks business, PepsiCo can to some extent sidestep the soda slump that other soft drinks companies are experiencing and look to capitalise on a growth area.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Danone's Q1: four things to learn
- Who will buy Danone's Stonyfield business?
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Opinion: Big Food needs to think radically
- Nestle Q1 update: four things to learn
- PepsiCo affirms full-year target as Q1 hits mark
- Nestle to cut UK confectionery jobs
- Glanbia signs deal on Dairy Ireland stake sale
- Dole Food Co. files to go public again
- 2 Sisters' chief Boparan invests in UK's Crawshaw