EUROPE/USA: PepsiCo: successful snacking (COMMENT)
PepsiCo has announced a US$750m deal to buy General Mills' stake in their savoury snacks joint venture, Snack Ventures Europe (SVE). The move comes as soft drink sales continue to slow. By focusing on growing its snacks business, PepsiCo can to some extent sidestep the soda slump that other soft drinks companies are experiencing and look to capitalise on a growth area.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Analysis: Chocolate sector's deforestation pledge
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Mondelez set for union crosshairs next week
- Recipe-kit firm HelloFresh launches into UK retail
- Mondelez plays down impact of union action
- Germany's Haribo plans first US candy plant