FRANCE: Sugar cooperatives extend Béghin-Say talks
A consortium made up of two French sugar cooperatives, Union SDA and Union BS, has said that it will continue discussions about the purchase of a Béghin-Say stake beyond the 30 September deadline
The consortium is discussing whether or not to purchase Edison's 54% stake in France's leading sugar producer, Béghin-Say. A decision on the matter is now not likely to be reached for a few weeks.
Italy's Edison began talks with the cooperatives back in June 2002, and has already had to extend the deadline twice in order to allow the prospective buyers time to discuss their finances and finalise a decision.
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Analysis: Chocolate sector's deforestation pledge
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Post Holdings 'close to acquiring Weetabix'
- Mondelez set for union crosshairs next week
- Mondelez plays down impact of union action
- Recipe-kit firm HelloFresh launches into UK retail