USA: Suiza Foods and Dean Foods to merge, new company to take Dean name
The two largest dairy interests in the US are set to merge. Suiza Foods has confirmed it is to acquire Dean Foods in a deal worth US$2.5bn. Suiza will pay US$1.5bn in cash and stock while also assuming US$1bn of Dean Food's debt. The new company, which is to be called Dean Foods but based in Suiza home city Dallas, will generate enormous sales of around US$10bn. This equates to over 30% of the milk consumed within the US, heralding a major change for the US$25bn market traditionally dominated by smaller, local companies.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- Quorn CEO sets out stall for 2017 - interview
- Mondelez goes beyond certified cocoa - analysis
- What Premier CEO Gavin Darby thinks about Brexit
- Nestle unveils process to cut sugar by 40%
- Putin 'wants embargo to run as long as possible'
- Unilever sets new margin target with help from ZBB
- Unilever focuses on "value" of spreads arm
- McCormick to buy flavours business Enrico Giotti