USA: Suiza Foods and Dean Foods to merge, new company to take Dean name
The two largest dairy interests in the US are set to merge. Suiza Foods has confirmed it is to acquire Dean Foods in a deal worth US$2.5bn. Suiza will pay US$1.5bn in cash and stock while also assuming US$1bn of Dean Food's debt. The new company, which is to be called Dean Foods but based in Suiza home city Dallas, will generate enormous sales of around US$10bn. This equates to over 30% of the milk consumed within the US, heralding a major change for the US$25bn market traditionally dominated by smaller, local companies.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Analysis: Tyson's shrewd investment in Beyond Meat
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- Focus: Thai demographics drive health categories
- Interview: Some Foods on rise of low-FODMAP market
- Bel takes majority stake in MOM Group
- Mars launches Maltesers in the US
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- China milk powder arrests prompt Fonterra "review"
- Unilever in continuing price spat with Musgrave
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review