USA: Suiza Foods Corp and Dean Foods announce merger progress
DALLAS and FRANKLIN PARK, Ill./PRNewswire/ -- Suiza Foods Corporation (NYSE: SZA - news) and Dean Foods Company (NYSE: DF - news) announced today that they plan to divest five additional plants which the companies expect will resolve regulatory issues relating to their pending merger. Suiza Foods also expects to make modifications to the terms of its buyout of the minority interest in its dairy group held by Dairy Farmers of America. The companies plan to complete the merger prior to year end.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Interview: Sir Kensington's on sale to Unilever
- Interview: "Disruptive" snack brand Hippeas
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Analysis: Post discusses rationale for Weetabix
- Nestle Q1 update: four things to learn
- Tyson shops Sara Lee bakery, Kettle and Van's
- Unilever buys US condiments maker Sir Kensington's
- Icelandic to sell Saucy Fish Co. owner Seachill
- Tyson to buy burger-to-entree firm AdvancePierre
- Nestle to cut UK confectionery jobs