USA: Suiza Foods Corp and Dean Foods announce merger progress
DALLAS and FRANKLIN PARK, Ill./PRNewswire/ -- Suiza Foods Corporation (NYSE: SZA - news) and Dean Foods Company (NYSE: DF - news) announced today that they plan to divest five additional plants which the companies expect will resolve regulatory issues relating to their pending merger. Suiza Foods also expects to make modifications to the terms of its buyout of the minority interest in its dairy group held by Dairy Farmers of America. The companies plan to complete the merger prior to year end.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Interview: Farmhouse Culture taps gut-health
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Post Holdings 'close to acquiring Weetabix'
- Mondelez set for union crosshairs next week
- Mondelez plays down impact of union action
- Recipe-kit firm HelloFresh launches into UK retail