USA: Suiza Foods Corporation announces third quarter results
Suiza Foods Corporation (NYSE: SZA), the nation's leading dairy processor and distributor, today announced net sales grew 8.0% over the third quarter of 2000 to $1.6 billion for the quarter ended September 30, 2001. Diluted earnings per share before non-recurring items for the quarter totaled $0.98, a decline of 3.9% from $1.02 in the third quarter of 2000. As previously announced, the decline in earnings per share was entirely attributable to weaker than expected results at Consolidated Container Company, the packaging business in which Suiza owns a 43% interest. Had Consolidated Container's results been in line with expectations, Suiza would have reported diluted earnings per share of $1.10, growth of 7.8% over the prior year and consistent with consensus estimates.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- How General Mills plans to grow - CAGNY
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Does Kraft Heinz want to swallow Unilever whole?
- Wessanen eyes growth in "resurgent" organic market
- Unilever launches operational review
- Kerry operating earnings strengthen on slow sales
- Glanbia focuses on nutrition with Irish dairy spin
- Kerry's Scanlon to replace McCarthy as CEO
- Mondelez launches savoury snacks brand Vea