USA: Suiza Foods Corporation announces third quarter results
Suiza Foods Corporation (NYSE: SZA), the nation's leading dairy processor and distributor, today announced net sales grew 8.0% over the third quarter of 2000 to $1.6 billion for the quarter ended September 30, 2001. Diluted earnings per share before non-recurring items for the quarter totaled $0.98, a decline of 3.9% from $1.02 in the third quarter of 2000. As previously announced, the decline in earnings per share was entirely attributable to weaker than expected results at Consolidated Container Company, the packaging business in which Suiza owns a 43% interest. Had Consolidated Container's results been in line with expectations, Suiza would have reported diluted earnings per share of $1.10, growth of 7.8% over the prior year and consistent with consensus estimates.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Interview: Sir Kensington's on sale to Unilever
- Analysis: Post discusses rationale for Weetabix
- Who will buy Danone's Stonyfield business?
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Interview: "Disruptive" snack brand Hippeas
- Unilever buys US condiments maker Sir Kensington's
- Nestle organic growth slows but beats expectations
- Ice cream helps Unilever sales, food flat
- Suntory to offload Australia, New Zealand foods
- Dairy dampens Danone in Q1