USA: Suiza Foods Corporation announces third quarter results
Suiza Foods Corporation (NYSE: SZA), the nation's leading dairy processor and distributor, today announced net sales grew 8.0% over the third quarter of 2000 to $1.6 billion for the quarter ended September 30, 2001. Diluted earnings per share before non-recurring items for the quarter totaled $0.98, a decline of 3.9% from $1.02 in the third quarter of 2000. As previously announced, the decline in earnings per share was entirely attributable to weaker than expected results at Consolidated Container Company, the packaging business in which Suiza owns a 43% interest. Had Consolidated Container's results been in line with expectations, Suiza would have reported diluted earnings per share of $1.10, growth of 7.8% over the prior year and consistent with consensus estimates.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Nestle India grows with global, digital innovation
- Analysis: Tyson's shrewd investment in Beyond Meat
- Thailand: convenience to continue to thrive
- Focus: Thai demographics drive health categories
- The promise of fledgling Czech gluten-free market
- Mars launches Maltesers in the US
- Bel takes majority stake in MOM Group
- Campbell backs US nutrition start-up Habit
- Nestle's Buitoni to remove GMOs
- Unilever in continuing price spat with Musgrave
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review