USA: Suiza Foods Corporation increases share repurchase authorization by $100 million
Suiza Foods Corporation (NYSE: SZA) announced today that its Board of Directors has increased the company's open market share repurchase program for the company's common stock by $100 million.Pursuant to the program, the company may, from time to time, purchase shares of its common stock, subject to market conditions.Suiza Foods Corporation, based in Dallas, Texas, is the nation's leading dairy processor and distributor, producing a full line of company-branded and customer-branded products. National brands include International Delight®, Second Nature®, Naturally Yours®, Mocha Mix®, Sun Soy(TM), kidsmilk(TM) and fitmilk(TM). Regional brands consist of Adohr Farms®, Barbe's®, Brown's Dairy(TM), Broughton®, Country Fresh®, Dairymen's®, Flav-O-Rich®, Lehigh Valley Farms®, London's®, Meadow Gold®, Model Dairy(TM), Garelick Farms(TM), Oak Farms®, Robinson®, Schepps®, Shenandoah's Pride®, Suiza(TM), Louis Trauth(TM), Tuscan®, Velda Farms® and West Lynn Creamery®, as well as Celta® in Spain. Suiza also sells products under partner or licensed brands in certain regions, including Borden®, Lactaid®, Foremost® and Pet®. Additionally, the company owns approximately 43% of Consolidated Container Company, one of the nation's largest manufacturers of rigid plastic containers.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Does Kraft Heinz want to swallow Unilever whole?
- Focus: Nestle CEO plan to balance sales, earnings
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Why Reckitt Benckiser moved for Mead Johnson
- Kraft Heinz pursuing Unilever in takeover move
- Kraft Heinz pulls Unilever bid
- General Mills issues profit warning
- Kerry Group staff in Ireland suspend strike action
- Kerry operating earnings strengthen on slow sales